Express Golf Places Five In Top 10, Cruises To Another First Place Finish In Guerrero Memorial Tournament
By Nicholas Huenefeld/Owens Sports Information
Perrysburg, OH---Brandon Hoelzer finished first overall to lead the Express men's golf team to a first place finish in the Steven G. Guerrero Memorial Tournament at Belmont Country Club today.
Columbus State Community College, led by Alstadt, finished second overall with a 329. The Owens "B" team finished third with a 336. That team consisted of Dorosh, Jason Glass (81), Alex Roberts (88) and Riley Robinson (91).
Robinson had a hole in one on the fourth hole.
Five Express golfers finished in the top 10, while six finished in the top 11.
Tiffin University finished fourth (338), Cincinnati State Technical and Community College finished fifth (347) and Indiana University East finished sixth (354). Lakeland Community College and Lorain County Community College tied for seventh (357).
The tournament win marks the fourth consecutive for the Express. It could have been five had the Defiance College Invitational not been rained out - even though the Express golfers had finished each of their 18 holes.
The Express are one match win short of tying the 2007-08 team for most consecutive match wins in the regular season. In the spring of 2007, the Express set an overall match winning streak record when they won six consecutive tournaments including the OCCAC Championships and the NJCAA Sub-Regional.
Here is the individual results from today:
1. Brandon Hoelzer 75 (Owens CC)
2. Walter Dorosh 76 (Owens CC)
3. Darren Gessner 77 (Owens CC)
3T. Ash Alstadt 77 (Columbus St. CC)
5. Matt Nichoson 78 (Cincinnati State)
6. Blaze Hogan 80 (Owens CC)
7. Jason Glass 81 (Owens CC)
7T. Fred Senghas 81 (Lorain County CC)
9. Will Hudson 82 (Tiffin University)
9T. Cameron Cox 82 (Indiana University East)
11. Tim Dawkins 83 (Owens CC)
11T. Kyle Gardner 83 (Columbus St.)
11T. Jacob Stas 83 (Columbus St.)
11T. Matt Applegate 83 (Tiffin University)
11T. Grant Seimon 83 (Lakeland CC)
16. Luke Berger 84 (Owens CC)
17. Cody Brewer 85 (Tiffin University)
17T. Luke Warren 85 (Indiana University East)
19. Kevin Kwiakoski 86 (Columbus St. CC)
20. Alex Roberts 88 (Owens CC)
20T. Jarron Theis 88 (Tiffin University)
20T. Austin Kyle 88 (Cincinnati State)
20T. Eric Howard 88 (Cincinnati State)
20T. Roman King 88 (Lorain County CC)
25. Anthony Dipaolo 90 (Lakeland CC)
25T. Ian Sooy 90 (Lorain County CC)
27. Riley Robinson 91 (Owens CC)
27T. Jarod Hale 91 (Columbus St. CC)
27T. Alex Acree 91 (Tiffin University)
30. Tom Sanford 92 (Lakeland CC)
30T. Rick Girona 92 (Lakeland CC)
30T. Drew Morrison 92 (Lakeland CC)
33. Jake Ripberger 93 (Cincinnati State)
33T. Jarod Redmon 93 (Cincinnati State)
33T. Levi Goush 93 (Indiana University East)
36. Drew Houck 94 (Indiana University East)
37. Brandon Osbourne 98 (Lorain County CC)
38. Lee Oakes 108 (Indiana University East)
39. Scott Wolfe 110 (Lorain County CC)